Noodles may be closed until next week.
Normal
Small
Posted by keithbradburn

According to this report, due to a garage fire and pipe leak, Noodles & Company may be closed until next week.

Garage Fire

Normal
Small
Posted by uriel-393

This really bummed me out. Not only is it a nice change from burgers/sammiches, but the staff are always so friendly. It's sad to see them closed the entire Con, as it's a huge boost to their income.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager uriel-393

uriel-393 wrote:
This really bummed me out. Not only is it a nice change from burgers/sammiches, but the staff are always so friendly. It's sad to see them closed the entire Con, as it's a huge boost to their income.
Yeah we were pretty bummed as well, as we were excited to eat there at least twice since its so close to the Hyatt. We kept looking down from the walkway to see if they somehow magically fixed it. Sadly they did not. Had to be bittersweet for the employees, who would have made a lot of money, but at the same time, would have been very tired.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Well, it shouldn't be a total loss for them.  They should be able to file a claim, either against their own insurance, or whomever was responsible for the flooding, for lost business during the Con.  Of course, that only helps the owners, unless they are generous & distribute some of it to their employees for the lost wages & tips they would have made during Gen Con.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Well, it shouldn't be a total loss for them.  They should be able to file a claim, either against their own insurance, or whomever was responsible for the flooding, for lost business during the Con.  Of course, that only helps the owners, unless they are generous & distribute some of it to their employees for the lost wages & tips they would have made during Gen Con.
Wait.... are you supposed to tip at Noodles & Company?

Normal
Small
Posted by del_grande lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
dkrantz152 wrote:
Wait.... are you supposed to tip at Noodles & Company?
I assume there's some sort of "tip jar" at the register.  Most places I've been to where you pick up the food at the counter have one.

Normal
Small
Posted by hauntedcity

My family had dinner over the weekend at the Noodles at 31 and Stop 11 (southside of Indy, just north of Greenwood).  We chatted with a manager, and according to him, the downtown location may not open again! He said that they were having problems with insurance covering the full amount, and since that location isn't a huge revenue producer (except for Gen Con), it's not worth coving the difference out of pocket.

This is second-hand news, so it's not necessarily gospel, but dang... I hope that they open back up!

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager hauntedcity

hauntedcity wrote:
My family had dinner over the weekend at the Noodles at 31 and Stop 11 (southside of Indy, just north of Greenwood).  We chatted with a manager, and according to him, the downtown location may not open again! He said that they were having problems with insurance covering the full amount, and since that location isn't a huge revenue producer (except for Gen Con), it's not worth coving the difference out of pocket.
This is second-hand news, so it's not necessarily gospel, but dang... I hope that they open back up!

That would be a shame. I'm surprised that isn't a big money spot being so close to the hotels.

Normal
Small
Posted by parody

I imagine that it's more of a lunch spot for the locals than one that benefits from travelers.  If you're going to leave the hotel to eat, why go to a fast casual chain restaurant you likely have near your home?  Location is big, but it's not the only thing.

Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9

Price and speed (particularly during Gen Con) are also considerations.  During the Con, a lot of people aren't looking to explore local Indy cuisine, they're just looking to refuel and get back to the game.  Your mileage may vary.

Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg

According to their FB page, they are Permanently Closed.

They have even removed all signage from the front of the business.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust gib_rebeg

gib_rebeg wrote:
According to their FB page, they are Permanently Closed.
They have even removed all signage from the front of the business.

Oh damn :(

All because of a random car fire...

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:Oh damn :(All because of a random car fire...

It also looks like Hauntedcity was right. I don't see a franchised or corporate run chain store closing if it's doing well. Owners would know that it's just a setback and they can return to profitability with some more effort than normal, but they could do it. That location must've really been running marginally. 

Yeah, it sucks that people lose their jobs due to a car fire. And a bad water pipe. 

Normal
Small
Posted by keithbradburn

Both articles seem to say the same thing although the IBJ makes it sounds like it was not doing all that well.

IBJ

IndyStar

New Post Sign in to write a new post.