Walking Times
Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

Anyone have approximate times for walking from the JW Marriott to ICC and Lucas Oil field?

Normal
Small
Posted by aaronr

We were in the JW last year. We used the tubes on 2nd floor to get to the ICC. It was probably about a 5 minute walk from our hotel room to Hall A in the ICC. Not bad at all.

Normal
Small
Posted by remnant

Need more variables, inside only, outside taking the street sidewalk over to Lucas Oil Field?  If you're going through the ICC will it be during busy time and backed or at night in the wee hours of the morning?  Google maps I guess can give you an estimate probably.

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

I am staying at the downtown Hampton Inn. I will be playing games at the JW (Adventurers League) and other games at both Lucas Oil field and the ICC....I am trying to gauge walk times to see how much time I should leave in between games

Normal
Small
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

It looks like the shortest route between the JW & the stadium is to avoid the ICC altogether, and take South West Street & South Missouri Street.

Google Maps calls that a nine minute walk, so you can probably cut that down by walking briskly or jogging.

Does anyone remember whether the street level doors into LucasOil were open during Gen Con last year? It'd suck to do that run, then find that you couldn't get in.

Normal
Small

it can be fun to run away wrote:
Does anyone remember whether the street level doors into LucasOil were open during Gen Con last year? It'd suck to do that run, then find that you couldn't get in.

Several were.  Both on the west side (well north west) and east side.. 

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

If you are trying to stay indoors, I'd allow 15 minutes to get from JW to Lucas Oil.  You can only move so quickly through the crowds.

Normal
Small
Posted by genconkeeper

If you are staying at the JW ask if they have a shuttle or Uber to the Lucas.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I would say 10 minutes.  Maybe give yourself a 5 minute cushion of time.

I would NOT recommend taking an outdoors route.  Go through the convention center.  First off, it's not going to be significantly less crowded.  Secondly you'll have to wait at intersections.  Lastly, you run the risk of getting lost.  You might reorient yourself, but it will just take extra time.

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

I don't know if I agree about getting lost. LOS is a pretty huge landmark, and all a person has to do is hug (not literally!) the ICC while circling around the south side. But yes, it may be better to go through the convention center just for the air conditioning if nothing else. There have been exceptions, but in general the Gen Con dates coincide with hot Indiana days. The ICC route would definitely be more comfortable. 

The serious drawback of cutting through the ICC: The tunnel connecting LOS and the ICC is pretty much near the southeast corner, and the JW is on the northwest side. So it's not much of a shortcut lengthwise than going around the outside. 

Funny drawback: Distractions, distractions, distractions. I could make the outside route from the JW in what, 10 - 15 minutes? But through the ICC? Oh, an hour at least. ;) :D

New Post Sign in to write a new post.