3 4 5 7 9 10 11
Normal
Small
Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

Omni is gone now too.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust

I'm honestly amazed nobody has yet made a version of the South Park "Aaaaaand it's gone" meme for GenCon housing.

Normal
Small

Heh, Omni's back.

Normal
Small
Posted by robertm73

for the size the omni is a great deal, you could easily spilt it 4 ways and be way comfy

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot robertm73

robertm73 wrote:
for the size the omni is a great deal, you could easily spilt it 4 ways and be way comfy
Yeah, the cost is just too much for me to justify when you could have a 2 (or 3) person hotel room for roughly half or 1/3 the cost. SLEEP INN & SUITES AND CONFERENCE is back up for 2.3 miles out, if anyone can use it.

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

If it was like $450 a night, I would have done it but $800 a night is just not worth it for the amount of time you spend in the room. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Just dropped Conrad as Fairfield popped up - also a king but a lot cheaper for us. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:Just dropped Conrad as Fairfield popped up - also a king but a lot cheaper for us. 
That... sucks. I had checked out and it said someone took it. I don't know how that happened. T_T
Edit: I still have the Conrad, but I had checked out and been on the screen and everything. I did *not* get the confirmation email though, and when I logged back in it said I had the Conrad again. That kinda stinks. :(

Normal
Small
Posted by vbn470

Looking for anything within walking distance of the Convention Center.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust

All I can say is keep trying and check Trivago. There's stuff on the latter site for $300-$400/night, and the Sleep Inn (just over 2 miles from the Convention Center) is available there for $219/night.

Normal
Small
Posted by ar6474

Definitely book in advance. I booked our  room at the Marriott 3 weeks( it was earliest they would let me book) after we got back last year. With AAA discount I am paying under $600 total  for Wed- Sunday. Yeah I have a 10 min drive but it is worth the savings.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust ar6474

ar6474 wrote:
Definitely book in advance. I booked our  room at the Marriott 3 weeks( it was earliest they would let me book) after we got back last year. With AAA discount I am paying under $600 total  for Wed- Sunday. Yeah I have a 10 min drive but it is worth the savings.

Oh, definitely. I had a Conrad room for about $250/night that I booked very soon after GenCon 2017. Cancelled it once I found a less pricey room a week or so ago, but having the backup plan was nice.

Oh, that's another thing: if you take this route, MAKE SURE YOU CAN CANCEL THE RESERVATION. If you can't, it should be marked as "non-refundable" on the website when you book.

Normal
Small
Posted by ytuni

I booked the Hampton Inn on Southport Road back in October. I'd much rather be secure in my housing than wait for the auction and then scramble when I don't get a place. Plus the outlying hotels are MUCH cheaper and even more so when booked early. Good luck to anyone still intent on trying to for a downtown!

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

2.8 miles candlewood just popped up

Normal
Small

That was mine, picked up the Hampton, 2 blocks away.

Normal
Small
Posted by zerosonic

If anybody is dropping their room that's downtown hit me up me and a group of us would be willing to pick it up email is sonicspiritangel@gmail.com

Normal
Small
Posted by ismikeup

Looking for a room downtown if anyone is dropping theirs. If you email me at michael.c.urbanski(a)gmail.com I can take it off your hands immediately.

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72

Downtown Holiday Inn showing in the housing portal now.  3 blocks away.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

COLUMBIA CLUB HOTEL INDIANAPOLIS 5 blocks up now

Normal
Small
Posted by planejammer

Looks like I'm going to have a room at the Omni I can't use. Will know for sure by this evening. It's a deluxe room with a singe queen bed and right in the epicenter of things. Comment or message me if interested. 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
3 4 5 7 9 10 11
3 4 5 7 9 10 11