Dropping your hotel reservation? POST IT HERE! <3
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
Normal
Small
Posted by sirrogue

If anyone prefers to go the cheaper route, I have a room free to pass along at the Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport (reserved two rooms, ended up only needing one). Two queen beds, Tuesday 7/31 through Monday 8/6 but reservation can be shortened. $142.50/night base rate, (~$167/night including taxes). Just a Lyft away from the convention! PM me if interested.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

HOLIDAY INN INDIANAPOLIS 3 blocks out, dropped just now.
Edit: saw it go; hope that helped!

Normal
Small
Posted by polderan

Thanks for the heads up! Moved me 6 miles closer to where I want to be. Did you find something closer saber?

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot polderan

polderan wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! Moved me 6 miles closer to where I want to be. Did you find something closer saber?
We have a connected room - I've been watching every day at work since we got an 8 pm entry time for the hotels; in which we originally had a 13 mile out hotel (I've been playing hotel hopscotch since then) - but it only has a king. I've been continuing watching in the hope that a connected 2-bed pops up.

Another connected king popped up before I was able to post (before the holiday inn) for someone else to use, but I'm so glad I was able to help you! I figure if I'm monitoring it, I might as well share what I find. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by polderan saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
polderan wrote:
We have a connected room - I've been watching every day at work since we got an 8 pm entry time for the hotels; in which we originally had a 13 mile out hotel (I've been playing hotel hopscotch since then) - but it only has a king. I've been continuing watching in the hope that a connected 2-bed pops up.Another connected king popped up before I was able to post (before the holiday inn) for someone else to use, but I'm so glad I was able to help you! I figure if I'm monitoring it, I might as well share what I find. :)
I am still hoping to get a connected King room myself, and have been on the housing portal multiple times a day, but it seems that I just miss them.  Glad to hear there are still some popping up this late in the game. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

SO... there must be an error? The OMNI SEVERIN HOTEL just popped up in the portal, but it's listing its price as $767.00 a night? Is that *really* the Gencon price? o_O

Maybe not, it says this is a presidential suite. Even though that has 2 beds, that's too rich for my blood if anyone else wants it.

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72

Just saw that.......curious to see how long it lasts.  It is 1,350 square feet over 2 levels.  Has a dining table that seats 6.

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

Courtyard By Marriott.  5 Blocks.  Looks like a double. Open right now... 10:14 AM indy time.

Edit:  Opps.. Gone now at 10:15 am!!  lol

Normal
Small
Posted by polderan

Technically you are only supposed to have 4 people in that room, but I bet you could put a whole lot of air mattress on the floor :)

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
Courtyard By Marriott.  5 Blocks.  Looks like a double. Open right now... 10:14 AM indy time.
Already gone; that was quick. XD

Normal
Small
Posted by aureosxaos saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
polderan wrote:
We have a connected room - I've been watching every day at work since we got an 8 pm entry time for the hotels; in which we originally had a 13 mile out hotel (I've been playing hotel hopscotch since then) - but it only has a king. I've been continuing watching in the hope that a connected 2-bed pops up.Another connected king popped up before I was able to post (before the holiday inn) for someone else to use, but I'm so glad I was able to help you! I figure if I'm monitoring it, I might as well share what I find. :)
When you say it popped up, do you mean you had the list/map open and it appeared? Or did you have to refresh the page? It’s unclear to me when people say they are watching the housing portal what exactly they mean. 

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot aureosxaos

aureosxaos wrote:When you say it popped up, do you mean you had the list/map open and it appeared? Or did you have to refresh the page? It’s unclear to me when people say they are watching the housing portal what exactly they mean. 
I have the list/map open and hit "find" every few minutes. F5/Refreshing doesn't actually tend to update the map, and there's no other way (that I know of) to actually monitor what's on there. Hence why I've been posting every time I see something change that might be helpful.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

SHERATON INDIANAPOLIS CITY CENTER dropped just now - 4 blocks

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
SHERATON INDIANAPOLIS CITY CENTER dropped just now - 4 blocks
You're doing the elder god's work here, Saberpilot.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

SLEEP INN & SUITES AND CONFERENCE - 2.3 miles. Someone took the OMNI SEVERIN

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

Dropped my Alexander reservation with 2 queens 5 blocks away for the Sleep Inn & Suites res.  

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

SHERATON INDIANAPOLIS CITY CENTER 4 blocks back up along with the 2.3 miles one :)

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

OMNI SEVERIN HOTEL back up. XD I feel like this is musical chairs!

Normal
Small
Posted by polderan saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
OMNI SEVERIN HOTEL back up. XD I feel like this is musical chairs!
I think what it is, is you have folks that jump on it before realizing just how pricey it is :)  That or they tell the rest of the group and are told they are crazy!

Normal
Small
Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

The reason people do that is because of this thread. You don't have an opportunity to think about it before someone else snatches it. Lol.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
2 3 4 6 8 9 10