Dropping your hotel reservation? POST IT HERE! <3
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
Normal
Small
Posted by polderan

You know what I would like to see. The default sort option should be distance rather than alphebetical.

Normal
Small
Posted by organisedchaos polderan

polderan wrote:
You know what I would like to see. The default sort option should be distance rather than alphebetical.
+1

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx sbokoff

sbokoff wrote:
Pressing 'find' again without changing the search criteria on the computer didn't seem to actually refresh . It did on the cell phone.
Odd.  Seems to work fine for me.  I'd see Crowne Plaza at the airport pop on and off the list for the past couple days.  From a coding standpoint it wouldn't make sense for it to not work either.  That button should run the same code when you push it no matter what.

Normal
Small
Posted by frankleinbach

What they really ought to do is simply give people the option on their turn of either purchasing a room or getting in a queue for a better room. So, those that like certainty can get their room. Those that would like to sit and wait for a better room would select the maximum distance from the convention center that they are willing to stay and put their credit card and guest information in. The room would be selected and allow them some reasonable time to confirm, after which it would be released to the next person in the queue.  Those that liked certainty can also get into the queue, but they would be placed at the end of the list of those that haven't yet gotten a room.

Normal
Small
Posted by organisedchaos

I know its not in Downtown - but I just dropped the Embassy Suites North. 1 two room suite.
FYI

Normal
Small
Posted by tparhamjr

We had a reservation at a lovely B&B that I was actually very conflicted about canceling, but am calling to do so now, as we've made other arrangements: http://www.mansiononthemile.com/

About a 20-minute walk from most of the action. Right around the corner from where the Critical Role Live event will be, if that's of interest (certainly was for us!)

The owners are AWESOME people. They offer free onsite parking and, rumor has it, free homemade chocolate chip cookies as well. I've sent an email and left a message, but your best bet may be to call the owners directly so you can jump in right as they process my cancellation. That's how I stumbled upon them a couple weeks back. Someone had apparently cancelled within that same hour.

Good luck!

Normal
Small
Posted by nimrodeleth

I am dropping my reservation for La Quinta Inn - Indianapolis East Post Drive.  I know it's not very close to the Conv Center but it is a 20 min drive.

Normal
Small
Posted by tyrodboshi

Going to drop double double in Carmel, as soon as I can figure out how to cancel..

Normal
Small
Posted by gregdc

I just noticed this group.  I am so very thankful that there are people willing to help like this!! 

My wife has difficulty walking for any real distance.  Last year we had a room in an attached hotel and it was a huge blessing.  This year didn't go so well.  We are out near the airport.  If we can not get a change to an attached hotel we will us Uber, but that means that she is stuck at the Con until I finish some of my late night games. 

If there is anyone who can help us it would be a very big blessing to both of us.  Please pm me and I will get back to you. 

Thank you and Lord bless.

Normal
Small
Posted by skzuniga

I'm a little confused on hotel transfers. My husband and I both booked a room so we need to drop mine at Homewood Suites in Carmel. Is it possible for me to transfer that room instead of dropping it outright?

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot skzuniga

skzuniga wrote:
I'm a little confused on hotel transfers. My husband and I both booked a room so we need to drop mine at Homewood Suites in Carmel. Is it possible for me to transfer that room instead of dropping it outright?
At this point in time, unfortunately, there's not really any possibility to do that (as far as I am reading/understanding it) - June 11th was the cutoff date for the $50 versus 1 night fee cost for dropping a hotel. Hotel rooms booked in the portal cannot be transferred; our group wasn't able to use the portal last year for various reasons so I don't know if that's different from previous years. Your best bet at this point is either to drop it and incur the one night fee, or let it go through to a real reservation on the 17th of July and hope that you can transfer it to someone through the hotel who will reimburse you for that first night.

Normal
Small
Posted by san_fan_49

Up until this year you could transfer a reservation so as not to get a charge. I found a room last year on here by having it transferred from someone.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Candlewood Suites, 2.8 miles out, just popped up on the portal just now.

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

Super tempting.  That's a short bike ride to the convention center and it looks like the hotel has free parking.

Normal
Small
Posted by generalspecific

I am staying at the Candlewood again this year. I regularly stay in the JW and the Omni when I'm in town visiting, but never during GenCon, as the rooms are not at all worth it for what you get (especially if trying to house more than 2 or 3 people in one room for cost savings). The Candlewood is in the medical district and is a $7 Uber ride, medium bike ride, or a medium-long walk along the river to the ICC. The rooms are huge, honestly, for what you pay. The bedroom that has a king bed can easily fit another queen-sized blowup mattress and the couch folds out into a double bed, as well. And the kitchenette is super handy, too. I highly recommend that hotel.

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx

It already disappeared by the time I came back but I got lucky and it looks like someone dropped a queen/queen at The Alexander downtown.

Normal
Small
Posted by james1077 tparhamjr

tparhamjr wrote:
We had a reservation at a lovely B&B that I was actually very conflicted about canceling, but am calling to do so now, as we've made other arrangements: http://www.mansiononthemile.com/
About a 20-minute walk from most of the action. Right around the corner from where the Critical Role Live event will be, if that's of interest (certainly was for us!)
The owners are AWESOME people. They offer free onsite parking and, rumor has it, free homemade chocolate chip cookies as well. I've sent an email and left a message, but your best bet may be to call the owners directly so you can jump in right as they process my cancellation. That's how I stumbled upon them a couple weeks back. Someone had apparently cancelled within that same hour.
Good luck!
I'm just seeing this but love B&B options myself.  I already have lodging secured but I wanted to check this place out for a possible next year situation.  NOPE.  So I checked the next year because I'm curious like that.  NOPE.  This place is booked for the next several years at Gen Con dates.  Thanks for the tease!  haha

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Sleep Inn Suites and Conference 2.3 miles out just dropped just now.

Normal
Small
Posted by tparhamjr james1077

james1077 wrote:
tparhamjr wrote:
Good luck!
I'm just seeing this but love B&B options myself.  I already have lodging secured but I wanted to check this place out for a possible next year situation.  NOPE.  So I checked the next year because I'm curious like that.  NOPE.  This place is booked for the next several years at Gen Con dates.  Thanks for the tease!  haha
@James1077 SO sorry! I just checked in with Mansion on the Mile and they hadn't gotten my message, so the cancellation is only just now going through. Just got off the phone with the owner. If you call quick, he might be able to slot you in before it goes up online. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Normal
Small
Posted by susansedai

i have three (3) Rooms at the Hilton downtown OUT OF BLOCK for 3201.12$ (price per room) Each (4/1-4/5) With 2 queens and a sofa bed.If you want one (or all 3?) message me. I can cancel them for free up until 7/29.I have 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn Indianapolis Downtown. Again 2 queens and a sofa bed, 4/1-4/5 Total price per room 1984.32$. Same Cancel situation

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 2 3 5 7 8 9
1 2 3 5 7 8 9