Dropping your hotel reservation? POST IT HERE! <3
1 2 4 6 7 8
1 2 4 6 7 8
Normal
Small
Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios

Gone already. Found one 2.8 miles out, King suite that I jumped into. I had one 6.8 miles out near the airport.

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

Just a basic reminder to folks.

If you have a room already reserved and you look to see what rooms are available, your hotel will show as being available.

Move along, these aren't the rooms your looking for...

Normal
Small
Posted by jeffrey_48

Yep, you're right.  Sorry about the false alarm.  I snagged the Sheraton and forgot that it would stay in my list.  :(

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Omni double popped up last night - clicked on it and it was already gone, within less than a minute. Will be here watching at work...

Normal
Small
Posted by bslisher

Is there an easier way to watch than a constant refresh/find?

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

There *was* someone who made a java script/program a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure that got nixed because I think it went against the T&C of the site. I've been refreshing at my work desk (almost) every day since they went up. 

Normal
Small
Posted by polderan

I think when they added in the rotating validation it made it difficult for any of the scripts to work.  I have also been at my work desk randomly refreshing and hoping for lightning to strike. 

Normal
Small
Posted by meisenbud

Looking for a room from the first to the sixth.

Normal
Small
Posted by sbokoff

To whomever dropped the room at the Westin yesterday at around 5pm, you have my sincere thanks.

After our house rental fell apart, that's gone along way towards fixing my honeymoon plans :)

Normal
Small
Posted by heather_schmidt

Just dropped a room at Alexander - one king only.  Not sure why it's not yet showing up.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

Home2 suites 6 blocks just dropped

Normal
Small
Posted by malcore1976

hehe, that one lasted like 10 minutes :D

Normal
Small
Posted by organisedchaos

Would have been a few seconds less if you only needed save and and not save and confirm!!! Arrgggh!

Normal
Small
Posted by robert227

Glad I got the sheraton on Saturday, only way I'm switching is for connected now.

Normal
Small
Posted by robert227

Alexander is on the site

Normal
Small
Posted by sbokoff

Just in case anyone is still looking for hotels, my fiance and I did some testing last night - using refresh in your web browser did NOT update the available housing list on either of our phones or computers.  We needed to toggle between show available/show all or submit a new request to get it to update.

​​​​​​I finally managed to get the last downtown room we needed at 11:57 last night. 

Despite two weeks of panic after our rental house for 8 people fell through, we managed to get rooms for everyone. 
We will be contacting our back up back up plan, an Airbnb house in Camby, to cancel in about 30 minutes, in case any large group is looking for a house that far in the suburbs. 

Once the hotels get the Gen Con housing block info in July, we have four out of block  rooms at the airport Red Roof Inn we are planning to drop. Send me a message if you want a heads up when we do so.

Normal
Small
Posted by xmidnightxeyesx sbokoff

sbokoff wrote:
Just in case anyone is still looking for hotels, my fiance and I did some testing last night - using refresh in your web browser did NOT update the available housing list on either of our phones or computers.  We needed to toggle between show available/show all or submit a new request to get it to update.
​​​​​​I finally managed to get the last downtown room we needed at 11:57 last night. 
Despite two weeks of panic after our rental house for 8 people fell through, we managed to get rooms for everyone. 
We will be contacting our back up back up plan, an Airbnb house in Camby, to cancel in about 30 minutes, in case any large group is looking for a house that far in the suburbs. 
Once the hotels get the Gen Con housing block info in July, we have four out of block  rooms at the airport Red Roof Inn we are planning to drop. Send me a message if you want a heads up when we do so.
Clicking the "Find" button does a complete refresh too, I believe.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot xmidnightxeyesx

xmidnightxeyesx wrote:Clicking the "Find" button does a complete refresh too, I believe.
This is what I have been doing while at work/out. It doesn't work on mobile as easily, unfortunately. :( 

Normal
Small
Posted by sbokoff

Pressing 'find' again without changing the search criteria on the computer didn't seem to actually refresh . It did on the cell phone.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I know this isn't on Gencon, but maybe next year Q Rooms can figure out a way to allow people to keep more up to date - this makes more sense why it's been so difficult to keep watch. 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 2 4 6 7 8
1 2 4 6 7 8