Middle of the night events?
Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I noticed that the actual convention runs continuously, day and night, from 8 AM Thursday until 4 PM Sunday.  Did anyone go to anything that was held in the middle of the night?  To give a more concrete time, I mean anything between midnight and 6 AM.  Are there actual scheduled events or is it just the open ended "this starts when people show up and want to play", like some of the Magic The Gathering events I saw?

Normal
Small
Posted by jamster2022

There are scheduled events for the middle of the night. I took part in a Starfinder event that went from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., and an hour after that ended, another Starfinder event was scheduled to begin at 2 a.m. These were both official events run by Paizo. 

I don't know whether the all-night Werewolf sessions are "official" (though I think they are and in any event they do seem like a lot of fun).

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Here are overnight events. (Well, at least the ones that start overnight. There are also others that start earlier and run all night, like the games library.)

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent austicke

austicke wrote:
Here are overnight events. (Well, at least the ones that start overnight. There are also others that start earlier and run all night, like the games library.)
I had looked through that a few times.  It came up with a lot of "XXX Draft on Demand" Magic events which aren't actually in the middle of the night, but more "it might happen in the middle of the night if a bunch of insomniacs want to play Magic".

I was more looking toward things that had firm middle of the night start times and wanted to hear some attendees experiences with them.  But Jamster2022 had a good post.

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314

We did an escape room that started at 12:15 am, and I don't think it was their last run of the night.

There aren't many unique events running at those hours. It's mostly things that run every hour (like escape rooms and Magic), or at least every hour starting in the evening (like Werewolf).

Normal
Small
Posted by dranthor

Would love to see more games in the middle of the night as I am a night owl.  Love RPGs but didn't want to do the two that I saw most every night. Hope someone will run different games for us night owls. If not I mayhave to break down and run something.

Normal
Small
Posted by kc2dpt

IIRC, the games library ran all night. So you could always go there and either join someone else’s game or start your own and rope people in.

I wouldn’t schedule a ticketed event for after midnight because the probability of enough people signing up seems low. You gotta realize that scheduling an event is a commitment for the guy running it.

Normal
Small
Posted by hendelbolaf

Paizo organizers on site said they had more players on Sunday morning at 2:00 AM than ever before. They have only run the slots for two years, but I think it will continue to grow.

I played in an overnight game there.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.