First Exposure Playtest Hall question.
Normal
Small
Posted by opus69

I have a question about players for the First Exposure hall.  Do I HAVE TO have a ticket to get in?  Or can I just walk in without a ticket if there are free spaces.  I can't see needing a generic ticket, since the hall is free.
I ask because I have a pretty tight schedule as is, but there are some tournament finals I may not win my way into, which would leave me some free time and I'd love to drop by and check out some of the games in development.

Normal
Small
Posted by qwaserity

I'd still recommend a ticket for two reasons:
(1) At the end of the con, the bean counters like to count how many people did which events. It won't be the end of the world if you don't have a ticket but if enough people don't have tickets the number crunchers might think that the playtest room is too large for the number of players that show up. (I've seen conventions that talked about ending a program because there weren't enough ticket holders to justify the space even though plenty of people showed up. You end up arguing with bean counters who didn't go the con as to how many people actually attended.)
(2) People with tickets get priority. When they announce a game that you might like to test out, you might be left playing something else if you don't have a ticket. There will be plenty to things to play but if you can get a ticket, do so.

Normal
Small
Posted by fethbone

The points above are true and valid, but no, you do not HAVE TO have a ticket. I did First Exposure last year with generics and did not have a problem getting into a slot. However, I did enjoy it so much I did get a ticket this for one time spot this year, but will just do drop-in again if I feel like going again after that.

Normal
Small
Posted by thag13

getting tickets is a good idea.  Its mostly an hit or miss experience, but thats just part of the game so to speak.

Over all, its been worth it for me time and money wise.  

New Post Sign in to write a new post.