Just found out Gencon Ball is Sold Out?
Normal
Small
Posted by stannis

What the hell? When did this become ticketed? I've been going every year for the last 10 years and it's never been close to capacity in that giant ballroom. So now my wife and daughter are upset because they think they won't get in. 

Whose idea was this? Will you accept generic tickets for this event?

Normal
Small
Posted by narzat

Based on the description of the event, you won't need generics to attend this free event, but event-specific ticket holders will have priority.  I'm sure that there will be plenty of no-shows of ticket holders, though, so I'd imagine you'll get in at some point.  Good luck!

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke stannis

stannis wrote:When did this become ticketed?

This year.

Normal
Small
Posted by skilletaudio

Id recommend keeping the event page bookmarked and checking once or twice a day. That many tickets held, some will free up from time to time and if you can snatch them it'll put your mind at ease.

Normal
Small
Posted by suburbaknght

You're welcome to come to our dance party beforehand!
https://www.gencon.com/events/125935

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I've talked to Union Station about capacity, and we WILL be releasing a few more tickets shortly.  You heard it here first. :)

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by narzat

Thanks, Marian!  I also contacted the original poster directly, to make sure that he knew about this great news.  Looks like 390-ish tickets are now available :)

Normal
Small
Posted by stannis

Thank you so much Marian! My wife are very grateful! 

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I also want to point out, that you will still be let in without a ticket, provided there's capacity available.  So a ticket is not strictly required, unless we're close to capacity.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9

I think it's important to remember that the convention's attended has literally doubled since 2010.  So, it's just a fact that it is harder to fit an infinite amount of people into each event. 

I made the mistake this year of assuming a free seminar wasn't a big deal and I didn't necessarily need to have it on my list of events.  For those, you used to just be able to walk in without people even asking for a ticket.  But, no, it "sold out" in the first hour.  My mistake.

Asking things like "whose idea was this?" implies you are looking for someone to blame.  Space is limited.  Try to get in without a ticket.  Good luck.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.