Costume Contest?
Normal
Small
Posted by bwd72

Hey all, this is prolly a dumb question, but here goes.  I see that there is an event (for which I now have a ticket) for the Costume Contest.  It sounds like that is just to *see* the costumes.  Is there someplace that you have to sign up to participate, or do you just show up sporting armor (or tentacles, or extra eyeballs, or...) and they push you into the "costume" line?  

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

Normal
Small
Posted by san_fan_49

At the actual con there is a place to sign up to participate in the contest. The deadline is sometime Friday or Saturday, I do not remember which. There is usually something in the program book about when/where sign up is and when it ends.

Normal
Small
Posted by grayfoxchild

In years past they usually have something up on the web site under the experience tab but it seems to not be up yet. It was posted a bit late last year too. This year the whole show just seems so disorganized. 

Normal
Small
Posted by bakermouse10133

I found a link to last years costume contest info, so that might give you an idea of what to expect.
https://www.gencon.com/experience/gc50costumecontest

You can join the parade without registering ( I think) but if you want to participate in the contest you will need to register. That link will hopefully be posted later.

Normal
Small
Posted by bwd72

Marian,

Do you know if/when a similar post with rules/procedures and such will be available for this years' contest?

Thanks!

-BWD.

Normal
Small
Posted by bithlord bakermouse10133

bakermouse10133 wrote:
 I found a link to last years costume contest info, so that might give you an idea of what to expect.
https://www.gencon.com/experience/gc50costumecontest
You can join the parade without registering ( I think) but if you want to participate in the contest you will need to register. That link will hopefully be posted later.

The contest has prejuding Saturday morning, then the stage portion Saturday afternoon.  The tickets are to *watch* the stage portion, as you thought.  There is a way (I believe e-mail) to pre-register for the contest, but I don't konw if it is necessary.

They DO have category limits on how many participants they can have, so if they fill up before you register, you are a bit out of luck.

Normal
Small
Posted by pmusachia

My wife wrote them about two weeks ago, and asked them when they would be posting the costume contest information and applications. They wrote back and answered that it would be “sometime in June”. So, they are probably still  figuring out all the details. Best to just check back periodically.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.