D&D Adventurers League Events
Normal
Small
Posted by parsec67

Does one have to show up with a pre-made Adventurers League character for any 5th edition D&D event (notably the Baldman games events) or are characters provided for you?

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

L1 pre-gens are available, or you can bring your own DDAL legal character.

Normal
Small
Posted by parsec67

Thanks! Do I have to do trilogy events in order example MOON 2-1 2-2 0r 2-3. All are set at level 1-4 but due to many being sold out, can't get the right order.

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

Nope! You aren't required to do them in order. For you, as the player, the story might get a bit jumbled up, but nothing crazy. For your PC, think of it as something like a flashback scene in a movie when you do one that occurs prior to one you already played ;)

Normal
Small
Posted by parsec67

Got it! Much appreciated :))

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

Thanks for helping out with the answers everybody. I love it.

If you get your trilogy out of order due to ticketing just mention it when you show up to play to your marshall (should be wearing a bright red,blue, or green BMG shirt with a clipboard). Just say "Hey I have a 2-2 ticket but would love to play 2-1 now so I can get them in order. About 90+% of the time they can make that happen. Our DM's prepare entire trilogies ahead of time so that your 2-2 DM can easily become a 2-1 DM with a few minutes notice. It lets us be more flexible onsite.

Normal
Small
Posted by dwintheiser wavester

wavester wrote:
Thanks for helping out with the answers everybody. I love it.

Glad to pitch in!

Normal
Small
Posted by parsec67

Can I run the risk of buying the same event at different times (so 2-2 twice), banking on the fact that the marshall will convert the 2-2 to a 2-1 in the earlier time slot? Is this guaranteed? I am doing this solo so not guarantee that others will even want to modify their event.

Normal
Small
Posted by wavester

A ticket that is not for the event listed on it is treated as a generic. So buying that event twice or buying it once and having generics is basically the same thing. So having a ticket to 2-2 guarantees you a seat at that event and we will do our best to shift you over. Generics are just generics.

Now having said that having two tickets to 2-2 at two different times works really well if you get the early time slot moved to 2-1. Now the later time slot 2-2 becomes groovy. It is the Gen Con shuffle.

Normal
Small
Posted by heychadwick

Hi.  I have a question.   I have always heard about the special events that are done at GenCon for Living Greyhawk and then Adventure League.  Are there any this year?  What are they?  How do you sign up for them?  

First time doing DnD at GenCon.

Normal
Small
Posted by macinti

::deleted::

Normal
Small
Posted by thorvan

my group and i dont have AL characters but we know how to play dnd. this is our first gencon do we just have to get in to the introduction module over and over till we lvl to 4 

Normal
Small
Posted by jlensing thorvan

thorvan wrote:
my group and i dont have AL characters but we know how to play dnd. this is our first gencon do we just have to get in to the introduction module over and over till we lvl to 4 
I second this question. It seems many of the tier 1 adventures are sold out. We are experienced players but have never played in AL. Can my wife and I create higher level characters just to play in the tier 2 or tier 3 adventures at gencon?

New Post Sign in to write a new post.