Gen Con Haul
Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

So I finally got our haul together for a picture. Our friend has a couple bags full not in this picture and he will gift us some and we will gift him some. What a Gen Con. 

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

Wow, that is a lot of stuff!

I'd post a picture of the dice set I bought, but it would look pretty sad next to that.

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Yeah, I bought 3 t-shirts. That's it. 

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I don't buy a whole lot.  In general, I don't acquire very many material goods unless I can get good use out of them.  I bought two hand picked mugs full of dice from the Chessex booths.  I had specific dice needs--certain quantities of dice in specific types.  I also bought 4 books for 3rd edition Dungeons and Dragons:

• Magic Item Compendium
  • Players Handbook 2
  • Deities and Demigods
  • Complete Adventurer

I have a long term goal to collect a bunch of these 3rd edition source books.  I normally buy used copies off Amazon and I wasn't initially intending to buy these books, but the prices were lower.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Even if you got 1 or two things you were specifically going for I think that constitutes a successful Gen Con. I love to see what interests others. I’m not a rpger so I don’t go for books or dice. We did a big haul last year too, but I think going forward we will limit it a lot. This was my first year doing VIG and I might have went a bit overboard. Lol. Would love to see what others got and what they are excited to play. 

Normal
Small
Posted by dragonheart

GenConHaul 2018 by Brian Benson, on Flickr">

Normal
Small
Posted by jpederso

Good to know that I'm not the only one who takes a picture of their haul after every Gencon.  My haul can't compare to andrewj.rager's but this year it did include a Bee Coffee t-shirt with a picture of the Roper from the 1st ed MM holding several cups of coffee.  Combining 2 of my favorites - coffee and 1st edition.  I had first seen the Bee Coffee posters in their window in 2013 but not the t-shirts until this year. 

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

Damn, all I bought was some dice. You all live large. :) 

Normal
Small
Posted by feldaan

Pretty pleased with my haul this year, got most everything I wanted to snag with a couple exceptions because I didn't feel like waiting in line at CMON or another booth. 

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

That's a sweet haul Feldaan. We have some crossover as well. Yeah I wasn't waiting for CMON or FFG. I went to both on Sunday but didn't buy anything.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.