GenCon is overrated and a nightmare for actually gaming
1 3
1 3
Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9 irontk

irontk wrote:

as for safety concerns... This year was the only year I've ever heard of something violent happening in now 21 years of attending. 
and it wasn't something random....if it happened at all. 

Right.  And I'd just add that the alleged event to which you refer wasn't even at the convention at all -- it was in a bar 3 blocks away.

The Convention is safe.  There are security and police on site.  I've literally never seen a problem in 33 years.  I brought my teenagers this year and they went around the convention by themselves.  Like most people, the most dangerous thing they were exposed to was the car ride to and from the event.

Normal
Small
Posted by ladyimm

I agree with the special services line thing too -- so much so in fact that one time when I was in line - to get generics - I ended up leaving (after being 3rd in line for near 45 minutes) and going to the regular event registration line - WITH MY ROLLATOR - because it was waaaaay faster... taking my rollator through the maze? Not so much fun... but better than spending however much longer in the special services line.

We were held up there by the slow-pokiness of the printers down in the will call area -- and also there was like one person running from special services to the will call area and back.... so having at least 2-3 special services gates as well as 2-3 runners? That might help too! :)

I do rather like the idea of a small room... just fyi!

(I will also admit, as I get more weight off, I suspect I will have to use my rollator less and if I graduate to just using my cane for the convention, I will probably forego special services altogether)

--Lady I

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
1 3
1 3