If you like the Ram you better go this year
Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

I know that everyone has a different experience and we all have our favorite places to go, but I have only had good experiences at the RAM.  The food is about what I expect and I don't go in thinking I am getting anything special.  The beer is always good and I've tried most of what they have to offer.  As far as Gen Con goes, they make an effort, which is huge for me.  I typically game there on Wednesday (KFG, etc) and like the service.  I hope it stays open.

Normal
Small
Posted by allora

I was also there on Wednesday for gaming. The server went out of her way to make sure my glass was always full (which was constantly since it was non-alcoholic). I was planning on drinking later, but since my afternoon game did not "make", I went to pick up my badge during that slot. I had the Indiana tenderloin. It was not fantastic. In fact, it was the SMALLEST Indiana tenderloin I have ever seen. Indiana tenderloins are known to be as big as dinner plates in some places! However, it was served on a larger than normal bun, and was quite tasty. She certainly earned her tip. I too hope they stay open. I bought a shirt while I was there. I noticed the quality has certainly gone down since the early ones I bought there. The glasses had not yet arrived, so I was not able to get one. Does anyone know if they finally showed up? 

Normal
Small
Posted by ladyimm

I ate there this year for the first time in a few years -- rather enjoyed the sandwich I had! :) It wasn't like fine dining but I appreciated it and so did my brother. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by irontk

I actually went twice this year, and neither time did I have to wait at all. MUCH less busy than years prior, are people just not going as much? 
I know this is anecdotal evidence but I was shocked 

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks irontk

irontk wrote:
I actually went twice this year, and neither time did I have to wait at all. MUCH less busy than years prior, are people just not going as much? 
I know this is anecdotal evidence but I was shocked 

I noticed the same thing at Scotty's. I wonder if the massive expansion of food trucks the past few years has something to do with it. 

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

i used to be a Gen Con regular, but the crowds made it pointless to try.  Plenty of very similar options in walking distance.  I don't even consider it any more.

Normal
Small
Posted by raidkillsbugsded nascragman

nascragman wrote:
i used to be a Gen Con regular, but the crowds made it pointless to try.  Plenty of very similar options in walking distance.  I don't even consider it any more.

I immediately thought of this:  "Nobody goes there anymore.  It's too crowded."

New Post Sign in to write a new post.