Do you visit Lucas Oil Stadium?
Normal
Small
Posted by gp-minutemanminiatures

Just wondering... how many people stick to just the Convention Hall, and how many wander the whole of Gen Con?

Normal
Small
Posted by mrshamrock

The lucas oil additions are just from 2017??  I did stroll underneath when the wife and I went to true dungeon. Missed the gencon museum on the field there. We will take time out to explore it some this time.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Los's convention save was used starting in 2016, when td and a couple panel rooms were moved there.

2017 was the first time the field was used as well

Normal
Small
Posted by hibouphoto

There are a number of board game events scheduled there this year.   

Normal
Small
Posted by buttcabbge

Had one event there last year (and toured the exhibit, which was cool). Apparently I have four events there this year. Other than it being a bit of a hike, it's a perfectly fine place to play, and if you're a football fan it's a little bit cool to be on the field.

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama

It's probably worth seeing on Sunday, if you are a sportsball fan like I am then its really cool looking up and imagining what's it like to play on Sundays

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott

I went last year. If nothing else, it was a good spot to find a table and sit down to play a new game.  I think the library is also there?

Normal
Small
Posted by pezhead53

I went last year. It was pretty cool to see the museum for the fiftieth anniversary. I also got to play Chainmail in the center of the field area. A lot of fun.

Normal
Small
Posted by microwench

I have several panels there this year, so will be there several times Friday and Saturday. I did TD the first year it was there (very cool), saw the museum there last year (also super cool). I've enjoyed the expansion so far.

Normal
Small
Posted by tamwulf

I went last year for the WizKids events and to visit the GenCon Shrine. Plus, how often do you get to walk out to the 50 yard line of an NFL football Stadium where Peyton Manning used to play?

Normal
Small
Posted by david mckay

I agree with tamwolf... it was pretty awesome walking an NFL field, even if the colts are not my team! The museum was a great distraction as well. Being in the vendor area all day, every day it was nice to have a bit of peace and quiet. 

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I count the stadium as part of the convention center, because you can get there without going outdoors.

Although to take that to a logical conclusion, Circle Center Mall, Indianapolis Arts Garden, several hotels, and a downtown apartment complex are also part of the convention center.

Normal
Small
Posted by michigansahd

I had two events there last year, and checked out the museum as well.  I plan on getting at least as far as the pedestrian walkway this year - seems there is a vendor in that area that I want to check out. . .

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

we've only gone for 6 years now, last year was the first year we had events not in the convention center. We didn't even know about the exhibit for the 50th until we did our post GenCon Youtube search.

Normal
Small
Posted by rayken

Check out the Lucas Oil Stadium for sure. Do not skip it. It is a part of the experience. 

Normal
Small
Posted by mike muad'dib

The museum last year was awe inspiring, Im glad we made time. Agreed, it was also cool to walk on the 50 yard line of an NFL field. 

Normal
Small
Posted by boc_mage

I'll be lucky if I actually make out to where will call and the north end halls is. I'm scheduled for 30+ hours in Lucas Oil between volunteering and playing in events. 

Being dungeon dweller isn't a bad thing.

Normal
Small
Posted by hamsterpress

I Hope people do come . All the games I'm running are out there. I'm concerned people won't come but I have reason to believe this except natural pessimism. 

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

Between True Dungeon and NASCRAG, I'll be at Lucas Oil ever day this con.

Normal
Small
Posted by adamw

Also, Lucas Oil was shockingly quiet last year! It's because of the huge size and open air feel. So good place to play.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post