What's in your bag?
1 3
1 3
Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Two essential items: Small nail clipper, toothpicks or a small thing of dental floss.

Having a hanging cuticle or something stuck between your teeth for 12 hours can drive you nuts.

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama rgresch

rgresch wrote:
.... generally leave my bag at the onsite bag check......

Another reason I so miss the "bus lockers" they use to have onsite prior to Super Bowl XLVI  :(

Normal
Small

There’s an on-site bag check? 

Normal
Small
Posted by glory buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
There is not. 

Normal
Small
Posted by tamwulf glory

glory wrote:
dkrantz152 wrote:
There is not. 
Wish there was an onsite baggage check! Then you wouldn't get people with 50lbs Mount Everest backpacks walking through the exhibit hall, or dragging a luggage baggage train behind them.

But alas, someone figured out the best way to cause a lot of mischief or more nefarious purposes was through lockers or baggage check and well, here we are today. I'm just surprised they allow people to have huge backpacks or roll around luggage in the convention center. Just... one bad guy could do a lot of harm to all the people all crammed into the convention center. :(

Normal
Small
Posted by gmbarry

1. SHOWER EVERYDAY of the CON, more than once if needed
  2. USE DEODORANT
  3. Carry Spare T-Shirt, Deodorant and a travel Towel... Do a quick wipe and dry as needed and change the shirt
  4. Do not use any cologne, chances are you do not know how to apply it and someone next to you will get  NAUSEOUS 
  5. HAND SANITIZER - become very familiar with this, do not trust that others will be diligent 
  6. AVOID ANY KIND OF BODY SPRAY, including Body Washes and Soaps with Scent

Protein Bars 
Dice
A Rule book if needed
Spare Character sheets or premade ones 

Some General items to have should be      
Tissues or napkins
Gum, cough drops, or candy
Drink

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

Much the same except I also have a passport which I guard eith my life. Guard against pick pockets!

Normal
Small

I'd think you'd be better off leaving your passport in the hotel safe.  The Con floor is too busy a place to have your passport with you.

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott

I have a small luggage lock on my backpack.  No one is able to open it on the sly. 

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama

What are you bringing that is so valuable in your pack? 

Normal
Small

I wasn't referring to theft. When you have a backpack, you're getting water, snacks, stuff out of it and other stuff in. It's easy to lose something small, and since there's no need for the passport at the Con, better to leave it safe at the hotel.

Normal
Small
Posted by seo.james01

Thanks for the good ideas to bring it. I know a lot more. :) คาสิโนบนมือถือ :J

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
I wasn't referring to theft. When you have a backpack, you're getting water, snacks, stuff out of it and other stuff in. It's easy to lose something small, and since there's no need for the passport at the Con, better to leave it safe at the hotel.
Ah Bach.....

In my exp GenCon folk tend to be better than the avgerage crook on the street that being said.

Was it about 6-7 tears ago when some guy had  $25,000 worth of non tourny MtG stolen ?

I once met a guy in line as I was trying to return generics, he claimed to have Gygax's briefcase. why the F--- would you bring something like that to GenCon?

OK my tangent if done now..... back on the plane of this topic

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc

I think this person completely takes the "what's in your bag" prize for today:

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
What are you bringing that is so valuable in your pack? 
I keep stuff like cash and ID and on myself (usually in my badge holder) so that i have easy access to it.  But i'll have my iPad and my actual wallet in my backpack.  I was pick-pocketed from my bag at another con once, and don't take chances anymore.  they took my wallet, my phone, and oddly enough, my deodorant. 

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:

And you'll probably see him in the dealer hall, blocking aisles and swinging around without looking.

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks roderick

roderick wrote:
aldctjoc wrote:

And you'll probably see him in the dealer hall, blocking aisles and swinging around without looking.

Roderick that absolutely just made my day. Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by ytuni

So, what will be in your bag next year?

What came in handy? What just loaded you down unnecessarily? What did you not bring that you wish you had?

I ditched the portable phone charger after the first day, too heavy and my Samsung Galaxy Note kept charge all day. Though I didn't use them much, my assortment of small items (toothpicks, nail clippers, bandaids, etc.) will remain. You never know when a situation will come up in which you need such items.

i did like keeping money in my badge this year rather than my backpack purse. It was much more convenient.

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

I'm amazed how much extra stuff people carry around.  It's amazing how little one really needs at the Con.

Normal
Small
Posted by rutherfordr

This! I like to carry as little as possible. My badge holder keeps my tickets & schedule.

If I'm planning to go shopping in the exhibit hall, I bring an empty shoulder bag. If not, I don't bring it.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
1 3